We are an award-winning, family-owned wine bar and we are looking for a chef who shares our love of great food, wine and service and has the drive to constantly improve.
The ideal candidate will have had experience cooking at a high level as a junior sous-chef or sous-chef. We are looking for someone who is hard-working, reliable, creative and with a positive, can-do attitude. Candidates must be self-motivated and well organised.
Our kitchen space is compact, but well-designed and highly functional. The chef is responsible for the running of the kitchen, menu planning and costing, food preparation, training and leading the kitchen team and must be prepared to work well as part of the larger team.
If you have a strong desire to learn and possess a drive for quality and constant improvement we want to meet you.
You will be responsible for:
- Running a busy kitchen
- Maintaining very high standards of hygiene, HACCP trained
- Sourcing and preparing the ingredients
- Training and supervision of trainee/ junior chefs
- Taking an active role in creating seasonality and provenance-driven menus
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years experience in fast-paced, quality focused kitchen.
Hours of service
Wednesday – Saturday 5pm – 10pm, Sunday T.B.C , Occasional Tuesday evening themed wine tasting evenings.
Average hours per week including prep 30-35 hours
Immediate start for the right candidate, working with our current chef then taking over in July.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 01.5594235